Monday, August 22, 2011

School....

It's here. That crazy time of the year, summer is over and school is beginning. This year is especially crazy because I will be attending college. It's been so weird to see so many of my friends leave and go off in a new direction. But I am also so very excited to start this year.

Though my school doesn't start for till next Monday, I will be going up all this week for an early class just for Freshman. For this class I was assigned to read a book called Zeitoun by Dave Eggers. It is the true story of a Syrian-born man who stayed behind after Hurricane Katrina. It comes from the point of view of Abdulrahman Zeitoun (Zay-Toon) and his wife Kathy, before and after the storm. While reading this book, I had no idea really how horrible it was for the people of New Orleans during that time, it is very eye opening and heartbreaking. So if you are looking for a book that's well written and has a great story, I would highly recommend reading Zeitoun.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds really interesting... It actually makes me want to read! Love you enjoy school little one!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up...