Friday, August 12, 2011

The great En-Why-See!

(If I could kiss New York. I would.)


New York City. Those three words mean so much to me. I have always loved New York, ever since I can remember. Whenever I was required to write any type of Long Term Goals in school or for anything, without hesitation, the sentence "Living in New York in City" always made it on my lists.
Two years ago I had the greatest surprise of my life, my family took me to New York for the very first time. Before the trip, they got me to believe I was going to Chicago. Our flight had a layover, which was in Chicago. Once we landed there, I was told my bags had accidentally been left on the plane that was heading to New York. An employee of the airpot told us we could fly to New York, retrieve our bags, and then head back to Chicago. As soon as I heard the words "fly to New York", I didn't care if we would be there for an hour or even 5 minutes. I was just so thrilled that I would have the opportunity to go to New York. I immediately called my sister who was (and is currently..) living New York. Little did I know my whole family was in on this whole prank. When we got to New York my sister was there to greet us, she accidentally slipped, and that is when I found out my family made the surprise vacation for me.


(At the airport with my family after finding out about the surprise.)

After my first vacation to New York, you can believe that I fell even more in love with it. So much that, this summer I decided to spend a whole month out there. I went and stayed with my sister and her husband (such generous hosts). It was without a doubt one of the best vacations of my life. Minus having the whole family there, it was nice spending time with my sister and her hubby..and even having a little alone time in the city was great.
After this last vacation I was guaranteed that New York is the place for me. I have never felt more inspired by culture, by fashion, by people, by architecture then I am when I'm in New York. When I'm there I feel like I can really be myself.

(Four more years and counting, till I will be done with school, and I will be living the great NYC.)

The Phrase, "I <3 NY" doesn't even begin to do it justice, for the way I feel about New York City.

I am different. But I am me. Welcome to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up...