Monday, August 15, 2011

Emma Stone vs. Emma Stone

My oldest sister was in town from New York for a few weeks, and part of her time being here we went and saw quite a few movies. Now, I am no movie critic or anything, but I just thought I would give you my opinions on two of the movies that I have seen in the theaters recently.



Emma Stone currently has two movies that are out in theaters: Crazy, Stupid, LOVE and The Help. As I titled this post Emma Stone vs. Emma Stone, there is really nothing you can versus about these two films.

Crazy, Stupid, Love is a romantic comedy for pretty much all viewers. It puts you in the perspective of a few different characters and shows the way they view and fall in love. It's full of humor and twists, and it is very down to earth. Like I said this movie is for all viewers, men, women, adults, teenagers, granted, anyone who sees this film will fall in love, with Crazy, Stupid, LOVE.

The Help is based on Kathryn Stockett's novel of the same title, which tells the story of a young white girl named Skeeter (Emma Stone) who was raised in Jackson, Mississippi during the civil rights era. It shows the views from both the white and the black characters in the movie. The Help may not tell us much about the real horrors of the civil rights era, but it does tell us something about the way people lived during this time. This movie is heart-warming, witty, mindful, and sad all in one. It is definitely a must see, and just like Crazy, Stupid, Love it is for all viewers.

With these two movies having the same actress but two completely different stories, I strongly recommend you go out and see both of these films, despite what other critics have said, I guarantee you will love these films just as much as I did.


I am different. But I am me. Welcome to my blog.

1 comment:

  1. SO WEIRD! I just did a post on the same thing... without knowing you did one.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up...