Friday, August 12, 2011

Hipsters?

hip-ster
noun
hipsters, plural

...the name means different things depending on who you talk to, whether people are stereotyping them, or whether they are praising them.
A Hipster to me is someone who values independent thinking. Someone who isn't afraid to stand out in a crowd. A Hipster is someone who expresses themselves in their own unique way. Hipsters set the trend, they don't follow it.


Hipster in Hiding...

As I've grown up and learned to express myself, I often felt as if I was the black sheep of my peers. Not that it is essentially a bad thing, I've always enjoyed standing out, because it allowed me to by myself. As time went on, I met more and more "black sheeps" who expressed the same style and views as I did.
Living in Utah, if you have a different style, you tend to be a little different....different is good.


The ORIGINAL Hipster in Hiding


Where the f*#% is Waldo?
I've always loved the Where's Waldo books, even to this day I think they are fun to look at. But I have always admired Waldo in a different way then most. When looking at the Where's Waldo books, the general idea is to spot out Waldo in a crowd of people. It always amused me that even if there were different themes to each book, or each page, you ALWAYS found Waldo wearing his Red and White Striped outfit. Though that may not be the most flattering outfit, or the fact that Waldo is just a fictional character, and as stupid as it sounds, I just admired the way Waldo never changed or tried to fit in with the crowd. Yes, I understand that, that is the point of the book, but that is just the I looked at it.



I am different. But I am me. Welcome to my blog.

1 comment:

Speak up...